Civils Project Manager – Ref:1909a
Position: Civils Project Manager
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new role for a Civils Project Manager to join our team based in the midlands. This opportunity is to join a growing team help the business with the projects we have coming on board. You will be creating and delivering a programme of works mainly within the install workstream across the midland. The role will include internal stakeholder management within Comex2000, also dealing the client providing clear and precise direction at all levels. Role will give you the chance to get exposure and a better understanding of project management within the telecoms sector. If you believe you are the right person for the role and have the skills, we are looking for then apply for the role below.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery
- Align the client’s direction and needs
- Interpret contract commitments
- Manage client/contractor expectations within the context of Virgin Media and their commitment to continuing their longstanding relationship with this client
- Ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the projects are being administered to the highest quality
- Ensuring proper interpretation of the drawings and plans are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client
- Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding programs of work, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality
- Assisting the Head of Operations by demonstrating and developing financial controls that detail with profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each project within the programme
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Manage office and site staff requirements and resourcing against multiple live projects
- Cost risk management
- Produce safe and efficient RAMS
- Ownership of the entire project, design, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement etc
- Bring innovative ideas
Skills & Qualifications required:
- An industry applicable qualification is very desirable
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.