Civils Planner – Ref: 1804
Position: Civils Planner
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
This role supports the effective planning and design of VM network throughout the UK. Activities include taking accurate details from cable operatives in the field and translating these into plans for civils teams to complete. The focus of the work will be to shorten Virgin Media’s customer journey by planning required civils.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the field engineers to get enough details to build a civils pack.
- Progress reporting on planning work activities
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Creation of detailed job pack for build – including detailed design and understanding of cost savings against physical specifications.
- Good understanding of requirements for creation of build job packs – including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc
- Augmenting existing plans with legacy equipment, to include/feed new network extensions utilising the latest equipment and using the latest design specifications.
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time and within specified SLA’s
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances through our project team
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate
- Understanding of Civils & Cabling within a telecommunications arena
- Previous use of GIS systems would be useful – GComms
- Effective customer and stakeholder management, including regular project updates clarifying project status as appropriate
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Able to support and input into workflow processes and associated documentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures
- Planning knowledge of homes & Business across legacy and current Cable/Telco access network topologies
- Proven track record of planning within successful projects.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.