Position: Civils Operatives
Number of Roles: 4
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At present we are looking to recruit experienced Telecoms Civil Operatives to work across London. The successful candidates will be required to perform excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customers premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets and associated customer connections.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information and photos are captured on company supplied assets i.e. phone or tablet
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates/trench compactor/mini digger/jackhammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope to customer’s connection point following the installation of ductworks and boxes.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works on job sheets, risk assessments, plant sheets and/or van sheets
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the company assets and plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Can communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Be in good physical health
Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualifications
- Hold a full UK driver’s license
- Hold the following qualifications: NRSWA, CSCS, CPCS
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.
2nd September 2019