Civils Operative – Reinstatement Team Lead Man – Ref:1832
Position: Civils Operative – Reinstatement Team Lead Man
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The Telecoms Civil Operative of the reinstatement team will be the lead man of the reinstatement team, they will be required to carry out a high standard of reinstatement works working collaboratively with excavation teams and under the instruction of the Civils Supervisor. The reinstatement team will be working across multiple road surface types and will be responsible to ensure a high standard of health and safety is adhered to at all times as an individual and as part of team.
With that in mind, the Lead Civil Operatives are required to hold a street works ticket and a CSCS ticket, CPCS ticket.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- The lead man of the excavation team. Will ensure all works are completed as required whilst the team are working within the required guidelines and processes.
- Operate manual and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure all SLG set up meets the Streetworks requirements and all sites are compliant 100% of the time.
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets & associated equipment.
- Reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets.
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works.
- Complete the required paperwork for your daily work tasks (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Use the technology provided to complete tasks issued.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and always provide support.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Complete all project related works on time and meet client committed dates for delivery of the works.
- Be prepared to carry out works on other work streams when required and instructed by the business.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- The successful candidate will hold a full UK driver’s license, they will also be able to prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualification to the following standard:
- NRSWA – Units 1 – 9
- CPCS (Mini Digger)
- Be in good physical health and complete Occupational Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Towing and 7.5 tonne licence essential.
- License to drive an 18 tonne Hotbox essential.
- Knowledge of City Fibre Network would be an advantage
Telecoms Civil Operatives / Gangs Essential Knowledge:
- Recognised academic training.
- Industry Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
Telecoms Civil Operatives / Gangs Essential Attitudes:
- Ability to use technology to complete tasks and required completion of paperwork through systems.
- Team Player.
- Safety focus
- Customer focus
- Positive and flexible approach
- Honesty and Integrity
- Open to innovation
- Open to collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Committed to Company Business Objectives
- Strong personality and professional attitude
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.