Civils Operative (Reinstatement) – Ref: 3134/5JV
Position: Civils Operative – Reinstatement Team
The Telecoms Civil Operative will form part of the reinstatement team. They will be required to carry out a high standard of reinstatement works working collaboratively with excavation teams and under the instruction of the Civils Supervisor. The reinstatement team will be working across multiple road surface types and will be responsible to ensure a high standard of health and safety if adhered to at all as an individual and as part of team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will ensure all works are completed as required whilst the team are working within the required guidelines and processes.
- Operate manual and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure all SLG set up meets the Streetworks requirements and all sites are compliant 100% of the time.
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets & associated equipment.
- Reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets.
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works.
- Complete the required paperwork for your daily work tasks (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Use the technology provided to complete tasks issued.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and always provide support.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Complete all project related works on time and meet client committed dates for delivery of the works.
- Be prepared to carry out works on other workstreams when required and instructed by the business.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to converse with and confidence at all levels.
- Take personal responsibility and be accountable, working with minimal supervision
- A positive team player – being supportive and positively encouraging colleagues
- Organised, professional and proactive attitude to work
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative approach, continuously looking to improve or create efficiencies
- Proficient use or a good level of understanding in the use of technology and systems relevant to the role
- Street works ticket – units 1 – 6 & 9.
- Be in good physical health.
- Towing and 7.5 tonne licence essential