Civils Operative – Ref: 3469 3488-91 3547-8MW
Comex 2000 is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Civils Operative to join our Pre-enablement team in the West Midlands.
What are we looking for?
Are you a committed, hard-working and eager to learn individual? Then come join the Comex 2000 family!
The successful candidate will be required to perform excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customers premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
- Be in good physical health
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognized qualifications
- Hold a full UK driver’s license
- Hold the following qualifications: NRSWA, CSCS
What will you be doing?
As a Civils Operative, your core responsibilities will be to –
- Provide new installation and repair of network duct for associated customer connections.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information and photos are captured on company supplied assets i.e. phone or tablet
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope and drop cable to customer’s connection point following installation/repair of duct works
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works on job sheets, risk assessments, plant sheets and/or van sheets
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities