Civils Operative – Ref: 2056 and 3147 RB
Position: Civils Operative
At present we are looking to recruit an experienced Telecoms Civils Operative to work in the Midlands area. The successful candidate will be required to perform excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customers premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets and associated customer connections.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information and photos are captured on company supplied assets i.e. phone or tablet
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works.
- Install new draw rope to customer’s connection point following installation of duct works and boxes.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works on job sheets, risk assessments, plant sheets and/or van sheets
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the company assets and plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Can communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Be in good physical health
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognized qualifications
- Hold a full UK driver’s license
- Hold the following qualifications: NRSWA, CSCS/EUSR
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent