Civils Operative – Foreman x3 – Ref:3353-5 – AH
Position: Civils Operative – Foreman
Location: North West
Number of Positions: 3
The Telecoms Civil Operative will be the lead man of the excavation team, perform excavations works on major projects, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of fibre on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway using the latest agreed client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies. All works will be completed to a high standard of Health and Safety
With that in mind, the Civils Operative – Foreman are required to hold NRSWA (Units 1-10), CSCS Card and hold a CPCS Card (Mini digger).
Main duties & responsibilities:
- The lead member of the excavation team will ensure all works are completed as required whilst the team are working within the required guidelines and processes.
- Operate manual and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure all SLG set up meets the Streetworks requirements and all sites are compliant 100% of the time.
- Carry out audits for the work site and address local issues
- Be the first point of contact for any work site issues and escalate to Supervisor where necessary
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets & associated equipment.
- Clear all blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets.
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works.
- Ensure daily completion of required apps for the workstream (risk assessments, permit to dig & van, tools and plant checks)
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and always provide support.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Complete all project related works on time and meet client committed dates for delivery of the works.
- Be prepared to carry out works on other workstreams when required and instructed by the business.
Skills & Qualifications required:
The successful candidate will hold a full UK driver’s license, they will also be able to prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualification to the following standard:
- NRSWA – Units 1 – 9
- 3 + years’ experience within the role
- CPCS (Mini Digger)
- Good understanding of NJUG 10
- Be in good physical health and complete Occupational Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Towing and 7.5-ton licence is essential
- Knowledge of Virgin Media Network would be an advantage
- Civils’ package – PIA (SA002, DV1, DL1, CD1, G01 & G02, BB1M) – Desirable
- Confined spaces
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- An industry applicable qualification is very desirable
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude and a can-do approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient IT skills
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link: