Civils Operative (Barrier Person) – Ref: 3133JV
Position: Civils Operative (Barrier Person)
The Civil Operative – Barrier person will support the Civil excavation teams and reinstatement teams. They will be required to deliver a high level of safety, quality, SLG and TM equipment to support the reinstatement teams across multiple sites under the guidance and instruction of the Civil Supervisor.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all the teams to ensure we prioritise the allocated works as per instruction to ensure no penalties are incurred a business from the LA.
- Ensure all SLG set up meets the Streetworks requirements and all sites are compliant 100% of the time.
- Ensure all works areas are left safe and clean before leaving, escalate any issues.
- Ensure when the site set up is removed as per instruction all photographic evidence is taken using the company software provided and uploaded to the company database.
- Complete the required paperwork for your daily work tasks (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Use the technology provided to complete tasks issued.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and always provide support.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Complete all project related works on time and meet client committed dates for delivery of the works.
- Be prepared to carry out works on other workstreams when required and instructed by the business.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to converse with and confidence at all levels.
- Take personal responsibility and be accountable, working with minimal supervision
- A positive team player – being supportive and positively encouraging colleagues
- Organised, professional and proactive attitude to work
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative approach, continuously looking to improve or create efficiencies
- Proficient use or a good level of understanding in the use of technology and systems relevant to the role.
- Street works ticket – units 1 – 6 & 9.
- Be in good physical health.
- Towing and 7.5 tonne licence essential