Civils Operative (Barrier Person) – Ref: 2015JV
Position: Civils Operative (Barrier Person)
Location: Manchester with national travel
Comex 2000 specialises in network build, installation and maintenance nationally. We are a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector.
We believe that the diversity of our workforce enhances company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships within the ex-military community and women engineering institutions.
We believe that our commitment to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This investment has enabled us to develop both our internal culture and our footprint in the telecommunications sector.
Our colleagues work professionally, with a right first-time approach. We welcome individuals to be part of Comex 2000 and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The Civil Operative – Barrier person will support the Civil excavation teams and reinstatement teams. They will be required to deliver a high level of safety, quality, SLG and TM equipment to support the reinstatement teams across multiple sites under the guidance and instruction of the Civil Supervisor.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with all the teams to ensure we prioritise the allocated works as per instruction to ensure no penalties are incurred a business from the LA.
- Ensure all SLG set up meets the Streetworks requirements and all sites are compliant 100% of the time.
- Ensure all works areas are left safe and clean before leaving, escalate any issues.
- Ensure when the site set up is removed as per instruction all photographic evidence is taken using the company software provided and uploaded to the company database.
- Complete the required paperwork for your daily work tasks (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Use the technology provided to complete tasks issued.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and always provide support.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Complete all project related works on time and meet client committed dates for delivery of the works.
- Be prepared to carry out works on other workstreams when required and instructed by the business.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to converse with and confidence at all levels.
- Take personal responsibility and be accountable, working with minimal supervision
- A positive team player – being supportive and positively encouraging colleagues
- Organised, professional and proactive attitude to work
- Strong time management skills
- Innovative approach, continuously looking to improve or create efficiencies
- Proficient use or a good level of understanding in the use of technology and systems relevant to the role.
- Street works ticket – units 1 – 6 & 9.
- Be in good physical health.
- Towing and 7.5 tonne licence essential
We offer competitive starting salary and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- Virgin Tribe ID – which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts. (offered in the 1st week of employment).
- Discretionary Performance bonus (where applicable), company vehicle, fuel card, laptop & mobile phone
- We support training across a wide range of subjects in telecommunications industry, offering both internal & external accreditation.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
- Heavily discounted benefits of Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services. (after 3rd month of employment).
- A diverse range of career opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme (3% Employer & 5% Employee).