Civils Operative – 3083-6HJ
Position: Civils Operative
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team
The Civil Operative will be required to perform excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customers premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets and associated equipment.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard
- Install new draw rope to customer’s premises prior to installation date.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client and company processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Full UK driver’s license and CSCS card
- Previous work/knowledge of groundwork and respective tools/equipment.
- PIA qualifications, including DB1 Duct Blockages 1, DL1 Duct Laying 1, CD1 Core Drilling, BB1B Box Building 1 (Brick), BB1M Box Building 1 (Modular), GO1 General Operatives 1 and GO2 General Operatives 2 are desirable.
- Holding a CPCS card (Mini Digger license) is extremely desirable.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, as well as within in a team
- Organised, professional and proactive attitude to work
- Strong time management skills
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways, and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.