Position: CCU Engineer
Location: South Regions
We are looking to recruit 4 trainee or experienced C.C.U engineers for South wide works. You will be working on a field engineering basis, with emphasis on street side cabinet works within the VM network
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This role is a field based position and will require travelling throughout the South regions to upgrade existing VM cabinets on both the HFC and TELCO platforms with minimal customer impact
Prior experience of working with the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we would be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional, customer oriented candidates coming from other back grounds.
This role will involve external cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Your main activities will include:
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintain a clean environment at all times be polite to the customer
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Conduct daily checks of vehicles in line with company Transport Policy
- Ensure vehicles are not over-loaded or otherwise pose a risk
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates
- Identification of individual active customer drop cables thru a catv/telco toning process
- Correct Labelling and re-connection of active customer drop cables
- Complete work that meets the required quality standards
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Before applying please take the time to review the Comex2000 Privacy Notice.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.