Cable Operative – Ref: 2016-19JM
Position: Cable Operative
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
At present we are looking to recruit a Cable Operative to provide support to the Fibre team. In this role you will need to demonstrate your ability to route prove and cable existing and new build telecoms routes using various installation methods to client specifications. Record existing client assets and update current systems using various Microsoft products. Must be fully fit, with a positive attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following:
Role & responsibilities:
- Working in external and internal environments.
- Risk assessments – Carry out risk assessments prior to work.
- Box-to-Box diagrams – Interpret box-to-box diagrams and maps to understand the routes.
- Proving routes – Carry out rodding, roping and air pressure tests to establish whether the planned cable routes are clear and viable.
- Blockages – Identify blockages and attempt to clear them without excavation.
- A55 forms – Complete A55 forms to identify the precise location of any blockage that requires clearance using a construction team.
- Traffic management – Use traffic management as needed in accordance with Chapter 8(NRSWA).
- Civils contractors – Work with contractors as needed to complete builds on time.
- Cabling – Using the information supplied in Job Packs: prepare cable and pull into the route, install following ropes for the next cable where required, leave coils for installing equipment, and secure the cables.
- Label and record – Label in accordance with client specifications and requirements at entry and exit points of each chamber. Take photographs as required for completing As-built and DSR documentation.
- Vehicle and tools – Take responsibility for tools issued and the vehicle assigned to you in accordance with our vehicle policy.
Skills & qualifications required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of cabling and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Driving License.
- CAT 5 Accredited. Approved Fibre / containment installation trained. City & Guilds preferred, relevant telecoms qualifications.
Competitive salary and 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.