Cable Operative – Ref: 3503-5AH
Comex 2000 is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Cable Operative to join our VMB Cabling team in the North West.
What are we looking for?
Are you a committed, hard-working and eager to learn individual? Then come join the Comex 2000 family!
We currently have an exciting new role to join our team as a field based Cable Operative, the successful candidate will build and maintain new and existing Core Telecommunications Access Networks, specifically Fibre cable; involving heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, blowing fibre and identifying cables/parts of cables to be worked on in various locations and environments.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise, manage tasks & work out of hours – unsociable hours
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Underground Cabling, Rodding & Roping ducts, blowing fibre
- Experienced in the use of a cable pulling assist Winch
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Valid Driving License, towing license a significant advantage
- NRSWA Qualified – SLG unit 2
- PIA tickets SA002 & S7 a significant advantage but not essential
- Towing license a significant advantage
- Confined spaces – desirable
What will you be doing?
- Underground cabling, Rodding & Roping ducts, installing sub ducts and blowing fibre
- Will be required to work with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards
- Able to use cable pulling assist Winch
- Ensure daily completion of required apps for the workstream (risk assessments & van, tools and plant checks)
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills – Whilst interacting with service providers, end users, members of the public and Virgin Media employees where necessary
- Adherence to Virgin Media quality standards
- Ability read and understand job packs inclusive of cable maps, site drawings, SLD’s and BOM’s
- Report and produce blockage maps
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating line manager with details on task closure.
- Ability to work safely and be NRSWA compliant
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below: