Cable Operative – 3243a-5a6JVDM
Role: Cable Operative
Location: London with National Travel
Route prove and cable existing and new build telecoms routes using various installation methods to client specifications. Record existing client assets and update current systems using various Microsoft products. Must be fully fit, with a positive attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following skill profile:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working in external and internal environments.
- Risk assessments – Carry out risk assessments prior to work.
- Box-to-Box diagrams – Interpret box-to-box diagrams and maps to understand the routes.
- Proving routes – Carry out rodding, roping and air pressure tests to establish whether the planned cable routes are clear and viable.
- Blockages – Identify blockages and attempt to clear them without excavation.
- A55 forms – Complete A55 forms to identify the precise location of any blockage that requires clearance using a construction team.
- Traffic management – Use traffic management as needed in accordance with Chapter 8(NRSWA).
- Civils contractors – Work with contractors as needed to complete builds on time.
- Cabling – Using the information supplied in Job Packs: prepare cable and pull into the route, install following ropes for the next cable where required, leave coils for installing equipment, and secure the cables.
- Label and record – Label in accordance with client specifications and requirements at entry and exit points of each chamber. Take photographs as required for completing As-built and DSR documentation.
- Vehicle and tools – Take responsibility for tools issued and the vehicle assigned to you in accordance with our vehicle policy.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of cabling and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full UK driving license with towing
- The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in test rod and roping (both underground duct and subduct infrastructure), blowing and pulling fibre (up to 864 fibre count), PIA installation and subducting
- NSRWA certified
- CSCS or EUSR certified