Cable Operative – Ref: 3024-3026, 3032HJ
Position: Cable Operative
To build and maintain new and existing Core Telecommunications Access Networks, specifically copper cable pulling, jointing and testing; Involves heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, jointing at internal & external locations, and identifying cables/parts of cables to be worked on in various locations and environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act;
- NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- NRSWA Accredited
- Safe Working Practices and Gas Testing
- Personal Safety
- Use of telecoms installation & test equipment
- Worked with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification
- Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills
- Adherence to Community Fibre quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by CF at audit
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating VM with details on task closure.
Skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Driving License.
- CAT 5 Accredited. Approved Fibre / containment installation trained. City & Guilds preferred, relevant telecoms qualifications.