Cable Operative – 1505-1506
Job Title: Cable Operative
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We currently have an exciting new role to join our team as a field based Cable Operative, the successful will build and maintain new and existing Core Telecommunications Access Networks, specifically copper cable pulling, jointing and testing; involving heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, jointing at internal & external locations, and identifying cables/parts of cables to be worked on in various locations and environments.
Must be fully fit, with a positive attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following skill profile:
- Use of telecoms installation & test equipment
- Worked with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification
- Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills – Whilst interacting with service providers, end users, members of the public and Virgin Media employees where necessary;
- Adherence to Virgin Media quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by VM at audit;
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating VM with details on task closure.
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Valid Driving License.
- CAT 5 Accredited. Approved Fibre / containment installation trained. City & Guilds preferred, relevant telecomm qualifications.
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.