Location: East Midlands
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Cable Operative to come on board at Comex 2000 UK. You will play a key role to build and maintain new and existing Core Telecommunications Access Networks, specifically copper cable pulling, jointing and testing.
Involves heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand, jointing at internal & external locations, and identifying cables/parts of cables to be worked on in various locations and environments.
Must be fully fit, with a positive attitude, self-motivated, conscientious and able to demonstrate knowledge and experience within the following skill profile:
- Use of telecoms installation & test equipment
- Worked with Fibre, Copper & CATV cables to client specification
- Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
- Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
- Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills – Whilst interacting with service providers, end users, members of the public and Virgin Media employees where necessary;
- Adherence to Virgin Media quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by VM at audit;
- Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating VM with details on task closure.
- Ability to work safely, such as National Roads & Street Works Act
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
- Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
- Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be holding a Full Valid Driving License.
- CAT 5 Accredited. Approved Fibre / containment installation trained. City & Guilds preferred, relevant telecomm qualifications.
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.
Job Type: Full-time