Build Manager – Ref: 2075MU
Position: Build Manager
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The Build Manager will head up a build team of Civil Supervisors to deliver a programme of works across the West Midlands on the City Fibre programme.
You will support the Head of Department and other Comex 2000 functions where appropriate to improve operational processes, develop quality plans and demonstrate leadership skills for achieving quality excellence in the field and ensuring all programme and delivery dates are met on time as per the accepted programmes submitted to the client.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all activities and Civil Supervision to ensure that design, delivery, quality, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
- Strong understanding of contractual requirements and commitments of the NEC 4 contract.
- Health, safety and quality leadership
- Manage client/contractor expectations within the context of contractual specifications.
- Ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the programmes are being administered to the highest quality of the specifications provided by the client.
- Responsible for planning of resource, plant and material requirements.
- Ensuring proper interpretation of the civil drawings and civil plans are established and the delivered solutions always meet and exceed the expectations of the client.
- Development of strong team working relationships with the client and sub-contractor resource working on behalf of Comex.
- Look at introducing innovative ideas to the projects/programmes due for delivery in 2020 and beyond.
- Work closely with the Programme Management team to ensure the delivery of the programmes are met within the expected schedules.
- Coach and develop a team of Civil Supervisors.
- Introducing best proactive across of all workstreams and looking at continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring all sites meet HAUC and NSRWA specifications.
- Working closely with the Cable and Activation team to ensure all aspects of delivery are completed within timescale back to the client.
- Work closely with the Program Management team to Ensure correct permitting and notices are in place to allow continuity of works and programmes for sub-contractor staff.
- Conduct monthly reviews with direct reports with clear agreed actions plans for continuous development and highlighting areas which require improvement.
- Ensuring all client SPMs are achieved and reviewed weekly and monthly with the client through operational performance meetings.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Civil Engineering Degree or relevant experience
- Telecoms Industry knowledge and StreetWorks civils experience is essential.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- NRSRWA certification required.
- Be able to organise yourself and workloads of your direct reports.
- Be able to work in a strong team environment.
- Be proactive in your approach.
- An excellent communicator at all levels.
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused.
- Coaching and development of direct reports.
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.