Billing Manager – Ref: 3495 – JH
Position: Billing Manager
Comex have a great opportunity for an experienced Billing Manager looking to play a key role in our company. You will be leading a small Billing and Validation team, which is dispersed across Midlands and London. Your main responsibility will be to ensure that applications and receipts for completed work are submitted and subsequent financial payments are being processed in line with our agreed contractual terms with our Clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients and external departments where necessary to ensure compliance against relevant billing terms and resolving issues promptly
- Work closely with the operational departments to provide regular and up to date financial data to assist with billing matters
- Provide relevant financial information to the Executive management team; monitoring applications/receipts; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Assist with the billing departments objectives by measuring billing results against plans; evaluating and improving methods; making required changes.
- Obtain revenue by working with the operational departments to resolve any disputes around CE/DFE’s, measures etc.
- Feedback and escalate any issues to the Commercial Manager as required to ensure prompt action and decisions.
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company and implement where agreed
- Review financial data and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as required
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Drive the team to maintain compliance and process applications and receipts in a timely fashion, as well as escalating issues and concerns for early resolution.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Degree level in relevant field – Accounting qualification preferred (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- Competent and knowledgeable with credible years of practical experience in a finance role
- Understanding of NEC Contracts
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Experience of using billing systems, CEMAR experience would be desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Sage
- Sound leadership skills and experience of employee management
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of business principles and practices
- Great eye for detail
- Organisational skills