Apprentice Fibre Optic Engineer – Ref: 3403JVDM
Role: Apprentice Fibre Optic Engineer
Location: Manchester with National Travel
As a fibre engineering apprentice, you will undertake structured training programs where required in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the business requirements.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled engineering staff.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable city and guilds courses throughout the training period, achieving the practical skills in order to entitle progression.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace.
- To develop the skills to construct or modify fibre networks from verbal instructions and drawings to a high degree of precision.
- To learn how to maintain Fibre equipment and to keep it in good repair.
- To maintain documentation over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the site.
- To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Uses own initiative to develop ideas and practices
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress and have strong emotional resilience
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work
- Maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality is key
- To learn new computer skills where required.