Application Support Developer/Analyst
Position: Application Support Developer/Analyst
Location: Midlands – with national travel required
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity to join our Systems team as a field based Application Support Developer/Analyst. The successful candidate will have the ability to learn bespoke applications in order to analyse, diagnose and resolve issues and have a strong logical and troubleshooting mind-set, with excellent time management skills including management of their own queue of customer incidents.
Your main activities will include:
- Maintaining high levels of customer experience
- Proactively identify opportunities and make recommendations for improving the software development process, tools and techniques
- Assist in the design and specification of system integration activities and functionality enhancements, and advise on limitations as appropriate
- Capture new business requirements leading to the production of systems and create functional / technical specifications
- To lead companywide projects, ensuring delivery is thoroughly tested and deployed on time and to scope
- Contributing to team discussions on relevant issues and forward thinking
- Provide application support to clients in a live production environment
- Support both order management and execution management queries
- Work directly with clients that will include front office users
- Build relationships with internal software development and testing teams
- Writing reports using SQL query tools.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Technical knowledge would be a key benefit due to the complexities of the applications running from a shared database and varying platforms,
- Ability to develop/prototype a solution from scratch
- Familiarity with querying and updating data in SQL
- Understanding of the development tools and source control tools (Visual Studio and SQL
- Server Management Studio) would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of data from sources other than SQL would beneficial – i.e. CSV, XML, JSON or documents
- Familiarity or understanding of other development languages such as C#, HTML, JS, and VBA
- An understanding of how web services and their results work.
- Ability to use web-based development tools such as Knack, mWorkerCIS, Ruko.
- Knowledge of Wireframe development tools, such as Balsamiq, to support understanding of user requirements capture prior to any development work
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to balance timescales and budgets with quality
- Knowledge and experience of Agile working
- University degree desirable but not essential, otherwise a good academic background
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays). In addition, you will get access to a contributory pension scheme, development and training, discounted benefits to Virgin Media products.
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.