Database Developer – Ref:1950
Position: Database Developer
Location: Midlands with travel to the Derby office
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Enterprise Architect to provide database development for multiple transformation projects within the business and provide ongoing support to current and legacy applications built on MySQL, MS-SQL and the wider Azure platform.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop and Validate database models in Microsoft Azure databases
- Develop a data lake to integrate data from various internal and external systems
- ETL/ELT Development using Azure data factory
- Work closely with external suppliers as required
- Perform data reconciliation and other output checks during validations
- Manage future product releases including regression testing
- Dynamics365, Power Apps and Power BI dashboard development
- Monitor production azure databases and ensure data quality
- Support integrations with Azure Active Directory
- Proactively identify and resolve issues which may cause downtime
- Minimise business risk by ensuring enhanced security are at the foundation of all tasks whilst fully documenting changes.
- Prior experience database development and infrastructure projects within an agile environment
- Knowledge in Microsoft cloud-based technologies
- Prior experience designing database queries for data updates and reporting
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Data mapping and reconciliation
- Fast Learner – Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Technical Problem-solving skills – investigate issues and fix root cause
- Teamwork – Works well with others
- Communication – Communicates clearly & listens effectively
- Achieving results – Wants to do the job well
- Personal accountability – Sets performance goals
- Creativity – Is interested in new things
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a fried scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please review our privacy notice before applying by following the link below:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.