FTTH Engineer – Ref:1890, 1938-1940
Position: FTTH Engineer
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new position as a trainee or experienced residential installation engineers in the home counties.
The role will be working on a field engineering basis but will include a large amounts of customer service as this is a customer facing role. Your role will include installing FTTH broadband services to residential customers.
This role is a field based, customer facing position, and will require travelling throughout the home counties to install services at residential properties.
Prior experience of customer service and working within the cable TV industry would be an advantage but we will be happy to provide all necessary training to enthusiastic, professional and customer oriented candidates coming from other backgrounds.
This role will involve external and internal cabling work and as such, you should be physically fit, customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a “right first time” attitude to the work you do.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Installation of FTTH Broadband services in residential premises.
- Deliver professional and concise customer education.
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards.
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment and at all times.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries.
- Complete work to agreed time scales.
- Comply with Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations.
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment.
- Comply with company Transport Policy.
- Conduct daily checks of plant and tools, ensure they are safe to use and where applicable carry valid calibration certificates.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to take direction from management and execute works in an efficient manner.
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with management.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.
- Quick learning skills.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.