Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Ref:1803
Position: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Comex 2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex 2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women in engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be required to support the Quantity Surveyor in providing an end-to-end service including pre-contract and post-contract duties – predominantly on NEC3 ECC contracts. You will be required to provide commercial and contract administration to various projects across the Midlands.
Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the operational delivery teams ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled, and delivery is on time and budget.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the management of day-to-day commercial and contract activities
- Accurate site measurements following the applicable Method of Measurement
- Compiling Applications for Payment
- Supporting the NEC3 Contract administration
- Subcontractor Application for Payment assessment
- Preparing compensation events
- Assessment of compensation events from subcontractors
- Supporting Final accounting
- Procurement of subcontractors and services
Skills & Qualifications required:
- A relevant Quantity Surveying qualification and/or sufficient experience
- Ability to undertake site remeasures
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Act
- Strong excel/IT skills
Other preferred skills:
- Knowledge of the telecommunications infrastructure industry
- Working knowledge of CEMAR
We offer competitive pay, and 28 day’s holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays).
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees (terms and conditions apply).
Please ensure you have reviewed our privacy notice before applying by following the below link:
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.