Finance Assistant – Ref: 1759
Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Pride Park, Derby
Working hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Comex2000 UK Ltd is a well-established major strategic partner of choice within the telecommunication sector, specialising in network installation and maintenance and are one of Virgin Media’s preferred contract partners.
At Comex2000 UK we believe that the diversity of our workforce adds to the company culture, embracing the various experiences and perspectives of our employees. We continue to drive diversity and encourage opportunities for employment through our close partnerships with ex-military and women engineering institutions.
We want to continue building a workforce that is reflective of the diverse culture of our customers and community.
We believe that our dedication to the continuous investment in people and technology keeps us at the forefront of the telecommunications industry. This approach has allowed us to grow both in culture and size.
We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, professional and customer-oriented individuals who can join and strengthen our ever-growing team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Finance Assistant to join our team at our Head Office in Derby.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Finance, focused mainly supporting Finance with key day to day administrative tasks. The candidate must have a high attention to detail as will be tasked with processing around 500 invoices a month.
You will also have good organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative when required.
Main features of the role:
- Processing all purchase ledger invoices through the document management system.
- Support the team with monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Controlling key supplier accounts to ensure any disputes resolved promptly.
- Support with the new supplier requests.
- Support in the completion and allocation of invoices approved for BACS payment.
- Apply all subcontractor payments to the weekly payment run.
- Collate all paperwork for the ‘one off’ weekly payment run.
- Audit all employee expenses, advising the weekly payments to be made.
- Reporting bill of materials (BOM).
- Any other reasonable request
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft packages specifically Excel is desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
In addition, you will get access to:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Development and training
- Heavily discounted benefits to Virgin Media products Including Broadband and TV services.
- Access to Virgin Tribe ID which allows you to take advantage of exclusive events, shopping deals, giveaways and travel discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme which offers a cash bonus to employees. Terms and conditions apply
How to apply:
Please reply to this advert in writing, with a copy of your CV attached and stating your expected salary.